Diabetes Mellitus; Heart Diseases; Magnetic Resonance Imaging; Radionuclide Imaging; Muscle, Skeletal; Peripheral Arterial Disease
My research interests focus on multi-modality imaging of pathophysiology and vascular remodeling associated with peripheral vascular disease and myocardial infarction. Translational imaging work has included SPECT/CT, PET/CT, CT angiography, MR imaging, and Duplex ultrasound in both the clinical and pre-clinical setting. My current research is specifically focused on non-invasive molecular imaging of angiogenesis and skeletal muscle perfusion in diabetic patients with PVD. Additional non-invasive imaging research is focused on the assessment of cardiac remodeling following myocardial infarction using SPECT/CT imaging of integrin and matrix metalloproteinase activity.
- Stacy MR, Caracciolo CM, Qiu M, Pal P, Varga T, Constable RT, Sinusas AJ. Comparison of Regional Skeletal Muscle Tissue Oxygenation in College Athletes and Sedentary Control Subjects Using Quantitative BOLD MR Imaging. Physiol Rep. 2016 Aug; 4(16). pii: e12903.
- Stacy MR, Qiu M, Papademetris X, Caracciolo CM, Constable RT, Sinusas AJ. Application of BOLD MR Imaging for Evaluating Regional Volumetric Foot Tissue Oxygenation: A Feasibility Study in Healthy Volunteers. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2016 May; 51(5): 743-749.
- Stacy MR, Sinusas AJ. Novel Applications of Radionuclide Imaging in Peripheral Vascular Disease. Cardiol Clin. 2016 Feb;34(1):167-77.
- Stacy MR, Paeng JC, Sinusas AJ. The Role of Molecular Imaging in the Evaluation of Myocardial and Peripheral Angiogenesis. Ann Nucl Med. 2015 Apr; 29(3):217-23.
- Stacy MR, Sinusas AJ. Emerging Imaging Modalities in Regenerative Medicine. Curr Pathobiol Rep. 2015 Mar; 3(1): 27-36.
- Stacy MR, Yu DY, Maxfield MW, Jaba IM, Jozwik BP, Zhuang ZW, Lin BA, Hawley CL, Caracciolo CM, Pal P, Tirziu D, Sampath S, Sinusas AJ. A Multimodality Imaging Approach for Serial Assessment of Regional Changes in Lower Extremity Arteriogenesis and Tissue Perfusion in a Porcine Model of Peripheral Arterial Disease. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2014 Jan; 7(1): 92-99.
- Stacy MR, Naito Y, Maxfield MW, Kurobe H, Tara S, Chan C, Rocco KA, Shinoka T, Sinusas AJ, Breuer CK. Targeted Imaging of Matrix Metalloproteinase Activity in the Evaluation of Remodeling Tissue-Engineered Vascular Grafts Implanted in a Growing Lamb Model. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014 Nov;148(5):2227-33.
- Stacy MR, Zhou W, Sinusas AJ. Radiotracer Imaging of Peripheral Vascular Disease. J Nucl Med. 2013 Dec; 54(12): 2104-2110.
- Stacy MR, Bladon KJ, Lawrence JL, McGlinchy SA, Scheuermann BW. Serial Assessment of Local Peripheral Vascular Function After Eccentric Exercise. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2013 Dec; 38(12): 1181-1186.
- Stacy MR, Maxfield MW, Sinusas AJ. Targeted Molecular Imaging of Angiogenesis in PET and SPECT: A Review. Yale J Biol Med. 2012 Mar; 85(1): 75-86.