Cardiology; Nuclear Medicine; Ventricular Function, Left; Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
My primary research has focused on new developments of automatic quantification and iterative image restoration and reconstruction methods for nuclear cardiac tomographic imaging. The new developments promise to improve image resolution and enhance detection of abnormalities of myocardial perfusion and left ventricular function. My latest work is focused on small animal imaging techniques using hybrid coded aperture collimation, and developments of “hot-spot” quantification methods for molecular targeted cardiac images using innovative stochastic methodology incorporated with dual-isotope SPECT and hybrid SPECT/CT imaging techniques. I am also involved in developments of remote reading strategy for nuclear cardiac studies using secured World-Wide-Web technology.
Specialized Terms: Nuclear Cardiac Imaging
- Iterative reconstruction of multi-pinhole SPECT Ryder WJ, Brennan MP, Sinusas AJ, Liu YH. Iterative reconstruction of multi-pinhole SPECT. Proceedings of the SPIE 20081613:69132M1-10.
- Hotspot quantification of myocardial focal tracer uptake from molecular targeted SPECT/CT images: canine validation. Liu YH, Sahul Z, Weyman CA, Ryder WJ, Dione D, Dobrucki LW, Mekkaoui C, Brennan MP, Hu X, Hawley C, Sinusas AJ. Hotspot quantification of myocardial focal tracer uptake from molecular targeted SPECT/CT images: canine validation. Proceedings of the SPIE 20086915:69150N1-8.
F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose as a memory marker of transient myocardial ischemia.
Abbott BG, Liu YH, Arrighi JA. F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose as a memory marker of transient myocardial ischemia. Nuc Med Comm 200728:89-94.
- A new method for hot-spot quantification of hybrid SPECT/CT cardiac images: methodology and preliminary phantom validation Liu YH, Fernando GP, Sinusas AJ. A new method for hot-spot quantification of hybrid SPECT/CT cardiac images: methodology and preliminary phantom validation. IEEE Trans Nucl Sci 200653:2814-2821.
Aperture collimation correction and maximum-likelihood image reconstruction for near-field coded aperture imaging of single photon emission computerized tomography.
Mu Z, Liu YH. Aperture collimation correction and maximum likelihood image reconstruction for near-field coded aperture imaging of single photon emission computerized tomography. IEEE Trans Med Imag 200625:701-711.
Full List of PubMed Publications
- Wu J, Liu H, Hashemi Zonouz T, Sandoval VM, Mohy-Ud-Din H, Lampert RJ, Sinusas AJ, Liu C, Liu YH: A blind deconvolution method incorporated with anatomical-based filtering for partial volume correction: Validations with 123 I-mIBG cardiac SPECT/CT. Med Phys. 2017 Oct 10; 2017 Oct 10. PMID: 28994458
- Alvi R, Miller EJ, Hashemi Zonouz T, Sandoval V, Tariq N, Lampert R, Sinusas AJ, Liu YH: Quantification and Determination of Normal 123I-Meta Iodobenzylguanidine Heart-to-Mediastinum Ratio (HMR) from Cardiac SPECT/CT and Correlation with Planar HMR. J Nucl Med. 2017 Sep 15; 2017 Sep 15. PMID: 28916622
- Wu J, Lin SF, Gallezot JD, Chan C, Prasad R, Thorn SL, Stacy MR, Huang Y, Zonouz TH, Liu YH, Lampert RJ, Carson RE, Sinusas AJ, Liu C: Quantitative Analysis of Dynamic 123I-mIBG SPECT Imaging Data in Healthy Humans with a Population-Based Metabolite Correction Method. J Nucl Med. 2016 Aug; 2016 Apr 14. PMID: 27081169
- Palyo RJ, Sinusas AJ, Liu YH: High-Sensitivity and High-Resolution SPECT/CT Systems Provide Substantial Dose Reduction Without Compromising Quantitative Precision for Assessment of Myocardial Perfusion and Function. J Nucl Med. 2016 Jun; 2016 Feb 4. PMID: 26848173
- Mu Z, Dobrucki LW, Liu YH: SPECT Imaging of 2-D and 3-D Distributed Sources with Near-Field Coded Aperture Collimation: Computer Simulation and Real Data Validation. J Med Biol Eng. 2016; 2016 Feb 18. PMID: 27069461
- Chan C, Dey J, Grobshtein Y, Wu J, Liu YH, Lampert R, Sinusas AJ, Liu C: The impact of system matrix dimension on small FOV SPECT reconstruction with truncated projections. Med Phys. 2016 Jan. PMID: 26745914
- Chan C, Harris M, Le M, Biondi J, Grobshtein Y, Liu YH, Sinusas AJ, Liu C: End-expiration respiratory gating for a high-resolution stationary cardiac SPECT system. Phys Med Biol. 2014 Oct 21; 2014 Sep 26. PMID: 25256033
- Sinusas AJ, Lazewatsky J, Brunetti J, Heller G, Srivastava A, Liu YH, Sparks R, Puretskiy A, Lin SF, Crane P, Carson RE, Lee LV: Biodistribution and radiation dosimetry of LMI1195: first-in-human study of a novel 18F-labeled tracer for imaging myocardial innervation. J Nucl Med. 2014 Sep; 2014 Jul 3. PMID: 24994931
- Li S, Sinusas AJ, Dobrucki LW, Liu YH: New approach to quantification of molecularly targeted radiotracer uptake from hybrid cardiac SPECT/CT: methodology and validation. J Nucl Med. 2013 Dec; 2013 Nov 12. PMID: 24221992
- Jovin IS, Ebisu K, Liu YH, Finta LA, Oprea AD, Brandt CA, Dziura J, Wackers FJ: Left ventricular ejection fraction and left ventricular end-diastolic volume in patients with diastolic dysfunction. Congest Heart Fail. 2013 May-Jun; 2012 Dec 12. PMID: 23241105
- Liu YH, Sahul Z, Weyman CA, Dione DP, Dobrucki WL, Mekkaoui C, Brennan MP, Ryder WJ, Sinusas AJ: Accuracy and reproducibility of absolute quantification of myocardial focal tracer uptake from molecularly targeted SPECT/CT: a canine validation. J Nucl Med. 2011 Mar; 2011 Feb 14. PMID: 21321271
- Mu Z, Hong B, Li S, Liu YH: A novel three-dimensional image reconstruction method for near-field coded aperture single photon emission computerized tomography. Med Phys. 2009 May. PMID: 19544769
- Liu YH: Quantification of nuclear cardiac images: the Yale approach. J Nucl Cardiol. 2007 Jul. PMID: 17679055
- Mu Z, Liu YH: Aperture collimation correction and maximum-likelihood image reconstruction for near-field coded aperture imaging of single photon emission computerized tomography. IEEE Trans Med Imaging. 2006 Jun. PMID: 16768235
- Masood Y, Liu YH, Depuey G, Taillefer R, Araujo LI, Allen S, Delbeke D, Anstett F, Peretz A, Zito MJ, Tsatkin V, Wackers FJ: Clinical validation of SPECT attenuation correction using x-ray computed tomography-derived attenuation maps: multicenter clinical trial with angiographic correlation. J Nucl Cardiol. 2005 Nov-Dec. PMID: 16344230
- Liu YH, Sinusas AJ, Khaimov D, Gebuza BI, Wackers FJ: New hybrid count- and geometry-based method for quantification of left ventricular volumes and ejection fraction from ECG-gated SPECT: methodology and validation. J Nucl Cardiol. 2005 Jan-Feb. PMID: 15682366
- Li S, Dobrucki LW, Sinusas AJ, Liu YH: A new method for SPECT quantification of targeted radiotracers uptake in the myocardium. Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv. 2005. PMID: 16686019
- Navare SM, Wackers FJ, Liu YH: Comparison of 16-frame and 8-frame gated SPET imaging for determination of left ventricular volumes and ejection fraction. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2003 Oct; 2003 Jun 28. PMID: 12838373
- Liu YH, Lam PT, Sinusas AJ, Wackers FJ: Differential effect of 180 degrees and 360 degrees acquisition orbits on the accuracy of SPECT imaging: quantitative evaluation in phantoms. J Nucl Med. 2002 Aug. PMID: 12163639
- Shi CQ, Young LH, Daher E, DiBella EV, Liu YH, Heller EN, Zoghbi S, Wackers FJ, Soufer R, Sinusas AJ: Correlation of myocardial p-(123)I-iodophenylpentadecanoic acid retention with (18)F-FDG accumulation during experimental low-flow ischemia. J Nucl Med. 2002 Mar. PMID: 11884504